Hello hello! It’s been another whirlwind week in our house. I honestly cannot believe Labor Day Weekend is upon us. I took this photo tonight, while wanting to hold onto every last ounce of daylight after 7:00pm. I loathe the earlier darkness of fall and winter, though I’m (almost) ready for the cooler temps that are promised for this weekend. I’ll stop waxing poetic about the weather and darkness and share a few things which have caught my eye in the last few weeks.
- The news out of Texas is heartbreaking. Truly, words escape me. While it is a small gesture, we sent some diapers to the Texas Diaper Bank. Be it through charitable organizations or through your thoughts and prayers, I hope you can find a way to rally behind Texas in the coming months — and beyond.
- How has it been 20 years since Princess Diana left us? I remember exactly where I was when it happened. I was watching Apollo 13 in our living room with my neighbors. My aunt from Kansas called the house phone and told my mom. I was mesmerized with the whole thing. (It also prompted my obsession with Prince William, though I’m now on Team Harry.) I hadn’t done the math to realize she was only 36. It hit me after reading this article and blew my mind.
- In case you missed it on Instagram, we were recently ‘camp counselors’ in our best friend’s wedding in Canada. Their New York Times feature is worth the read. We celebrated this momentous occasion with them at a summer camp in Canada. In one word, it was EPIC. It was a thrill to be a small part of their big day — and get to witness their tomorrows together.
- I’m not 35 just yet, but this summer bucket list had me in stitches.
- If you’ve ever pumped, you’ll appreciate this hilarious photo shoot. I’ve said more than once that I’d love to burn my pump. (Of note: we live in a privileged world where these women (or I) could destroy a pump. I would love to share my pump, but since it is a medical device, it is supposed to have only one user and not be passed on to someone else.)
- While I don’t know how accurate this calculator really is, it was worth a few laughs. You can calculate the approximate hours of sleep lost and diapers changed in your child’s lifetime. Hitting the 10k mark with diapers blew my mind, though I will say our lovely team at daycare has helped to reduce my number over the years.
- I was able to sneak out on Tuesday night with a few fellow daycare moms for Vineyard Vinyasa at Newport Vineyards — and I’m still sore. While I generally run or cycle every day, I’ll admit yoga was a nice change of pace for me. I may be the least flexible person on the planet, but I know yoga can help with this. The wine promised at the end of class didn’t hurt either! I guess this class didn’t technically catch my eye… I’m more curious if anyone else who is super inflexible has any tips on how they broke through it with yoga. I am ALL ears.
Last but not least: all the amazing sales going on this holiday weekend also caught my eye. Fall is coming, quicker than I’d like to admit, so I like to stock up on cozy pieces — without paying full price. I’ll share the discount code and expiration date, along with a few of my favorite pieces from each store too. Happy shopping — and enjoy your long weekend! 😉
- Boden (for all ages!): While I’ve shopped Mini Boden for James and Rosie, I might finally buy something for myself this season. I adore this simple color block dress. It’d be perfect for work this fall with a cozy cardigan. For the littles… I kind of love the hidden surprise under the collar of this polo; James would approve. I might also indulge his love of dinosaurs because this glow-in-the-dark business is too cool. Since I need to take some of Rosie’s summer rompers into fall, this lovely little cardigan is also on the wish list. You’ll get 20% off your whole order with the code 6J4P, along with free shipping and returns as long as you spend $49. Their sale runs through 11:59pm PST on 9/5.
- Framebridge: Looking to build a gallery wall? The Framebridge team has you covered. They rarely do site wide sales, so if you have been wanting to try their service — now’s your chance. The gallery wall you see here is made completely from Instagram Minis. I’m plotting to frame a few of my favorite daycare art projects from the last few months. For 15% off your order, use the code LDW2017. It expires on 9/4 at 11:59pm PST.
- J.Crew: What is it about fall that makes me want new sweaters? I love this one with built-in cuffs, I always want to layer my sweaters, but because of my bust, it can look bulky. This sweater is the perfect solution. ha! This sweater blazer sounds weird at first description, but it actually looks like it could be super versatile for fall and winter. I also love these stripes for “Weekend Chris”. (They’re not dressy enough for the office.) Last but not least, my cat-obsessed daughter may need this backpack. While J.Crew has been running solid promotions lately, this 30% off is tough to beat. Use the code YESPLEASE now through 9/4 at 11:59pm PST to score.
- Splendid: I have loved Splendid since I first discovered it in 2005. This plaid shirt is anything but boring. Speaking of plaid, this sweet ensemble is Rosie sized — and I wish it came in mine too. Except I probably can’t pull off pink leggings? Take 25% off site wide with the code LABORDAY25. This code lasts until 11:59pm PST on 9/4.
- Tea Collection: I’m downright obsessed with Tea. Each collection they release is based around a particular region — and the current one is Scotland. Chris and I both have some Scottish roots, so I love the subtle nods to our heritage. I’m enjoying one more season where Rosie can fit in adorable rompers like this one. The hidden anchors in this sweatshirt are on point and I know James will love it. The code for 20% off and free shipping is HALOFALL. It works on top of sale price too, so extra victory! It expires on 9/5 at 11:59pm PST.
Please note this post contains affiliate links.