Can someone please explain to me how it is suddenly FALL? I’m not prepared. Yes, I love pumpkins and cozy sweaters… but spring and summer seemed to pass in the blink of an eye and (somehow) in slow motion. COVID life is strange, isn’t it? I gathered a few updates here to help me get back on the proverbial blogging bike. I can’t make any promises, but I hope this is the start of a more regular posting cadence once again. Hope you’re safe and well — xo
- It only took me six years to commit on the design for our mudroom, but it’s finally complete. We planned most of this project before the shutdown, but it finally came to life in early summer. The kids each have a cubby with two hooks and a drawer for their shoes. The third drawer is holding all of their masks. The cabinet door on the far left is hiding our vacuums and the wire baskets up high will be the landing zone for hats and gloves once the winter arrives. Below those baskets, there is a charging zone for devices. I splurged on the hooks and pulls, but I knew I wanted something which would stand up to crazy kids. (For what it’s worth, there is no baby announcement… I just wanted a third cubby.) Even though I was slow to decide how to use the space, I’m thrilled with the end result. (See my original inspiration here!)
- Now that fall is here, I’m craving cozy long sleeves. If you’re looking for long-sleeved tops which can work for lounging and workouts, I have two options for you! This top is selling like hotcakes, but it lives up to the hype. Made with Rulu, it is the perfect weight for cool mornings. I love how it also offers some bum coverage, so it isn’t off the table to wear with leggings. Another option in this same category is this top, which has a slightly lower price point and a few more color options.
- This device is one of the most random things I’ve ever purchased from Amazon, but it’s done marvelous things for my laundry room. We have a front loading washing machine and I no longer knock my hips on the swinging door. It also enables me to prop the door open and keep the mildew at bay. Another random laundry-related find was this magnet that breaks down all those symbols on your clothing tags. No more shrunken pants = WINNING!
- I’m downright obsessed with this Vitamin C serum. They weren’t lying when they said it gives you a glow. I started using it in the early COVID days when Zooms were nearly 24/7. Beyond the compliments, it makes me feel refreshed after I apply it… even if I’m feeling the opposite. The price tag can be a little scary, but I’ve found it’s worth every penny.
- On one of my last pre-COVID shopping trips (read: two days before we retreated into our homes), I found this hand sanitizer while waiting in the line at Anthropologie. Not only did it smell like a spa treatment, it also made me feel like I hit the jackpot… because remember how hard it was to find hand sanitizer? It used to be on Amazon, but now it seems Anthro is the most reliable place to find it.